It is important for business owners not to fall for the false assumption that customers know everything about them and the products/ services they sell.
A business owner may also sell himself as an expert and increase his average dollar sales.
Make Sure Clients Know Your Full Product and Service List:
The more they know about the more they can buy. Place signs around your business to inform your customers of the things you do. Include it in your mailouts, newsletters and telephone on hold messages.
It is also important that your sales team educate the customer on these products/services as they serve them.
Most business owners mistakenly assume their customers know about everything they sell. The fact is, they’re usually aware of less than one quarter of everything you sell.
Here are some useful hints and tips to ensure that your customers know everything about you:
- Tell people what you do and sell, then tell them again and again.
- Ensure all sales team members know as much as you about the products and services you offer.
- Have a system in place so sales team members are required to tell customers everything you do, every time.
Charge Consulting Fees:
This is a great way to increase your average dollar sales. This works particularly well in DIY (do-it-yourself) business where many of your customers may not know how to do particular projects. Once you’ve sold them the products they require explain to them that you also offer consultations at a minimal cost. And when you’re doing your consultation with them you’ll have the chance to sell them extra products.
Here are some useful hints and tips on charging consulting fees:
- Sell yourself as the expert – “If you want to get the absolute best out of this product, I can show you”.
- Be careful – with expensive items customers will expect this information free of charge.
- Use the time together to sell other products… after all, you’re the expert.
Brad Sugars founded the brand Action International in 1993 when he realized there was a disconnect between business advice and implementation. The answer was Action! Brad Sugars created a business coaching company so that business owners throughout the world can realize their goals in business. Today the company is known as ActionCOACH. To learn more about business, visit Brad Sugars Review blog!