Creating package and bulk deals as well as offering customers a free gift with a certain amount of purchase can boost your average dollar sale.
Create Package Deals:
An excellent way to move more items and increase your average dollar sale is to offer them at a group rate to customers who buy them as part of a package deal.
Simply package up a number of associated products and sell them at a price that is less than they would cost individually, but higher than your average dollar sale. You can also use this to sell slow moving items by including them as part of the deal.
Here are some useful hints and tips for creating package deals:
- Look to package products that complement each other.
- Try to include products that don’t move as well on their own.
- Make it time sensitive … ‘This deal is only available today’.
Create Bulk Buy Deals:
This can be an effective way to encourage people to buy more than they really need right now. Offer your customers a reduced price if they buy a minimum quantity of a particular item.
Here are some useful hints and tips for creating bulk deals:
- Focus on the convenience of having plenty of product on hand.
- Be careful not to compromise your margins.
Gift with $X Purchase:
Offer your clients a gift if they exceed a minimum expenditure.
For example, get a free lesson when you buy any new set of golf clubs. This gift shouldn’t cost you much but should look as if the client is getting a great deal.
Here are some useful hints and tips for offering free gifts:
- Look for a low cost item or service with a high ‘perceived’ value.
- Include the fact you’re giving a gift in all your advertising.
- Make it time-sensitive.
Brad Sugars founded the brand Action International in 1993 when he realized there was a disconnect between business advice and implementation. The answer was Action! Brad Sugars created a business coaching company so that business owners throughout the world can realize their goals in business. Today the company is known as ActionCOACH. To learn more about business, visit Brad Sugars Review blog!