- No one wants to be bothered
- It’s too hot
- It’s a beautiful day; everyone is out
- No one is thinking about work
- Prospects are getting ready to go on vacation
- Everyone is on vacation
- Prospects are just returning from their vacations
- I’m preparing to go on vacation
- I’m on vacation
- I’ve just returned from vacation
- My assistant is on vacation
- Their assistant is on vacation
- No one is in on Mondays
- No one is in on Fridays
- Prospects are catching up midweek
- Prospects leave the office early
- Prospects go to the office late
- Prospects take long lunches
- No one makes appointments until after July 4th
- No one makes appointments until after Labor Day
Print this list out. Send it to your competition. They will think it is true! Then, get on the telephone!
Life and work continue, even in the summer! If it’s too hot, then your prospects will be in their nice, air-conditioned offices — where you should be, too, making calls. If it is a beautiful day, some people may be out.
The rest will not.
Everyone is not on vacation every day. If you happen to call someone who is on vacation, call them back when they return. If they are planning a vacation, schedule the meeting for when they return. If they have just returned from their vacation, schedule for a time when they say they will be caught up. If you are going on vacation, schedule for when you return.
Prospects are in the office on Mondays and Fridays, early and late. They are frequently at their desks during lunch — especially when you are calling the boss.
Prospects make appointments all summer long, just as they do in the fall, winter and spring. If a prospect asks you to call back after a holiday, suggest that you “pencil in a meeting for after the holiday.”
Promise that you will call to confirm it and then do so!
Have a wonderful prospecting summer!
Brad Sugars founded the brand Action International in 1993 when he realized there was a disconnect between business advice and implementation. The answer was Action! Brad Sugars created a business coaching company so that business owners throughout the world can realize their goals in business. Today the company is known as ActionCOACH. To learn more about business, visit Brad Sugars Review blog!