It is important to constantly refresh and revamp your direct mail material and it is essential to keep collecting all prospects’ details.
Change Your Direct Mail Pieces:
You should be constantly improving you marketing material. Once it works, keep it, but occasionally try something different. Even the best pieces of direct mail can become stale at some point. Give it a rest, try something a little different and then come back to it later.
Here are some useful hints and tips on effectively using Direct Mail Material:
- Keep it fresh and interesting.
- Constantly monitor, review and revise.
- Observe what others are doing and borrow what works.
- Test and Measure
Gimmicks With Direct Mail:
Include something out of the ordinary – a tea bag, a lollipop or something even more bizarre. This will ensure that your direct mail letter is remembered when you phone.
If possible, find out a bit of background information on your prospect as this will help you choose something they will really find memorable.
Here are some useful hints and tips on using gimmicks with Direct Mail:
- Make it different.
- Personalize it if possible.
- Try and tie it in with a big news story or something topical that’s happening – this makes you look pro-active.
Collect All Prospects’ Details:
This is essential. Ask every person that comes in if they’d like to join your mailing list. Most will say yes and give you whatever details you ask. From then on, you can follow them up.
Here are some useful hints and tips on collecting your prospects’ details:
- Ask everyone for their address.
- Ask in such a way that it seems like you are doing them a favor… “We need you’re address so we can send you all the latest designs as we get them.”
- Don’t be too pushy. Some people are very reluctant to give out their details and you don’t want to jeopardize a sale over one address.
Brad Sugars founded the brand Action International in 1993 when he realized there was a disconnect between business advice and implementation. The answer was Action! Brad Sugars created a business coaching company so that business owners throughout the world can realize their goals in business. Today the company is known as ActionCOACH. To learn more about business, visit Brad Sugars Review blog!