A business owner can boost average dollar sales by selling service contracts and extra warranty. These techniques are discussed below:
Sell Service Contracts:
When selling a product that needs regular maintenance, you should make use of service contracts. This means that the customer will have all the servicing of their products done by you. You may offer one-year, two-year and five-year contracts so they at least take the one year contract.
It is crucial to arrange this at the time of purchase for best results.
Here are some useful hints and tips on selling service contracts:
- Try and make the follow-up appointments at the time of purchase.
- Take the initiative… if you don’t hear from them, you call.
- Make it part of a special deal and use it to help close the sale.
- Educate your customers that the warranty will be void if they don’t come back to you for repairs and service.
Sell Extra Warranty or Insurance:
An easy way to gain more wallet share is selling extra warranty. When your customers make a purchase ask them if they would like to get an extended warranty. Your customers may well jump at the chance to buy the extra peace of mind particularly on major purchases.
This must be done at the time of sale.
Here are some useful hints and tips on selling extra warranty:
- Do the numbers and make sure it’s profitable – it almost always is.
- Make it sound like a special offer.
- Do it at the point of sale.About ActionCOACH
Brad Sugars founded the brand Action International in 1993 when he realized there was a disconnect between business advice and implementation. The answer was Action! Brad Sugars created a business coaching company so that business owners throughout the world can realize their goals in business. Today the company is known as ActionCOACH. To learn more about business, visit Brad Sugars Review blog!