It is a good idea to try using a checklist or a questionnaire in order to increase the average dollar sale.
Use a Checklist:
Similar to Add On Selling, you simply run through a checklist with your client whenever they purchase a particular type of product. This list should be prepared in advance and used with as many different products as possible. For example if a customer buys a tin of paint, run through the list to see if they need brushes, thinners, drop sheets, stirrers, etc.
Here are some useful hints and tips on using a checklist:
- Make sure every team member has the list.
- Check to make sure it’s being used with every customer.
- Have a reward system in place that acknowledges team members who make additional sales off the list.
- Test and measure – if it isn’t working change the questions.
Use a Questionnaire:
Dig as deep as you can. Make sure you ask enough questions to leave no stone unturned. The more questions you ask the more chance you have of finding another need or want that you can fill.
Also, if you’re unsure of any additional products or services that you could sell, a simple questionnaire can be effective. Use it to ask your customers what else they would like you to sell. Don’t limit yourself too much. Ask the customers to get a little creative… who knows, there could be a whole new opportunity just waiting to be suggested.
Here are some useful hints and tips on using a questionnaire:
- Make your questionnaire simple but effective as a sales tool.
- Offer customers an incentive to participate, or just explain how what you’re doing will help them.
- Fill it out on the spot with you acting as a sounding board, don’t be afraid to ask more questions to dig deeper.
- Ask for their suggestions, and act as quickly as possible.
Brad Sugars founded the brand Action International in 1993 when he realized there was a disconnect between business advice and implementation. The answer was Action! Brad Sugars created a business coaching company so that business owners throughout the world can realize their goals in business. Today the company is known as ActionCOACH. To learn more about business, visit Brad Sugars Review blog!