When you start a road trip you have an end point in mind and there is a lot of planning. What to take, how many days will it take to get there? How many stops will you need to make? How much gas will you need? Who sits where in the car? What types of snacks will be packed? And who controls the radio? You decide the best route to take? Will you take the shortest route or the scenic one? In today’s world we rely on a Google Map or an electronic navigator to guide our way down the road. But the point is we wouldn’t just get behind the wheel of a vehicle without a plan.
Why is it different in Business? Unfortunately, many small business owners and business people don’t take the time to really plan with the end in mind. Not only don’t they have long term plans for their business, they don’t have plans for their life.
CEO & Founder of ActionCOACH, super entrepreneur, best-selling author and philanthropist Brad Sugars, recently addresses this in his Drive Time video series.
Sugars asks, “Where do you want your life and your business to be in 5 years?” and “If you don’t have a plan, you are already there.” There are five key things to consider…
- Starting with the end in mind means you have an idea of what you want your business to look like when it is operating, growing and profitable even when you are no longer in charge on a daily basis.
- Developing a family “Bucket List Plan” will ensure that your entire family actually lives the life they want because they have a plan mapped out with action plans and timelines.
- Knowing what you don’t want is as important. Being able to articulate what you want to avoid will crystalize the activities and actions you need to take to avoid the negative outcomes. Law of Attraction
- Who your peer group is and who you choose to surround yourself with goes a long way to helping reach your goals. Removing those that block your progress or don’t believe in your vision is critical to reaching your ultimate destination.
- Accessing your progress in the past helps you determine the possibilities before you. Sometimes we underestimate how much we can accomplish. But when we look back and really review all we have done in just a year; it opens up a world of opportunities. Focused and dedicated action can move your business and personal life forward much quicker than you think.
Check out this quick video to learn more.
If you don’t know where you want to be ….
Posted by Bradley J Sugars on Wednesday, September 30, 2020