Here is another example of ActionCOACH’s CEO & Founder continuing to stress the need for businesses to PIVOT during a time of crisis . This podcast is a “real” world view of how being proactive and organizing efforts can help businesses survive and thrive during this unprecedented times.
Sugars discusses how he uses his team, reallocates resources and focuses his team to drive the business forward. The opportunities available during the pandemic has opened a huge audience and potential in unlikely segments.
Sugars’ identifies how businesses on the spectrum on “boom” are handling the new demand. On the other end of spectrum, closed business have to plan to start over as lock downs are lifted. Most business have had to pivot and find ways to change their products and services to meet new needs and consumer demands.
Even in the face of economic uncertainty creating opportunity and
Creativity needs to be fed and nurtured to find new and exciting ways to change they way we all do business in this new normal..
During the podcast Sugars covers the following:
1) Focus on positive communication-targeting emphasis on staying focused on the organizations vision and mission; bring passion and compassion to bare, and ensuring that all stakeholders are in the loop.
2) Identify where your business is on Change Curve. Are you in the denial downward curve or are you on the upswing, toward problem solving? It is important to get you and your staff to the more positive side of the mindset change curve so they can become productive again, fast.
3) Virtual is the new normal; Helping your team and customers adapt to a more virtual environment and comfortable with this social distancing without dwelling on the isolation that can set in.
“The option to work from home when needed, or to try a different lifestyle without having to change jobs, is a win for everyone.” – Scott Berkun
4) Run Faster, Then Sprint! You can’t afford to wait and see.
“”In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.“ – Mark Zuckerberg
- There is Massive Amounts of Pent-Up Demand
- Geo-Phased Re-Opening of Economy is Being Planned
- Staff, Supply-Chain, Processes and Facilities must Restart
- How Much Market Share Could Be Lost if Unprepared?
- What is the Pathway to Be “Prepared to Sprint?
Get the Plan in place NOW.
5) Marketing Must Shift- Messaging, tone and channels
“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” – R. Buckminster Fuller
- Message must be different
- Compassion for sure
- Urgency for sure
- Virtual and Viral
- Much more than before- Increase the volume and frequency
- Know Your Numbers better than ever
6) Sales with Compassion- Don’t feel guilty for trying to keep the doors open, sell with a new purpose. Add value, educate and listen.
“The two main pillars of great salesmanship are being competitive and compassionate.” – Steli Efti
- Must change tone
- Serious Customer Focus
- Empathy and Helping
- It’s still Selling
- Sell on Purpose
- Relationships Matter
7) Focus on customer service for repeat business- This core constituency is critical now and as the lock downs lift.
“Every contact we have with a customer influences whether or not they’ll come back. We have to be great every time or we’ll lose them.” – Kevin Stirtz
- Keep All Existing a Must
- Above and Beyond
- Time to Build Loyalty
- Remember Virtual Must Make Visible
- Critical Non-Essentials
- This is where the Profit is
8) Get the most out of your people; You may have to reallocate human resources as your pivot and adjust. Get the most of the talents and skills you have available.
“Start with good people, lay out the rules, communicate with your employees, motivate them and reward them. If you do all those things effectively, you can’t miss.“ – Lee Iacocca
- Mindset – Fear into Focus
- Set the New Standards – Manage
- Be Seen Leading – Leadership
- Costs into Profits
- Train and Re-train
- Keep as Many as You Can
9) Build a strong mindset
“The strength of your mind determines the depth of your desperation! The weaker the mind, the deeper the desperation!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
- Daily Rituals
- Learning and Growing
- Opportunity not Crisis
- Find the Small Wins Each Day
- Sometimes No News is Good News
10) Plan for 90 days in and 90 days out
“Going into business without a business plan is like going on a mountain trek without a map or GPS support – you’ll eventually get lost and starve!” – Kevin J. Donaldson
- It’s a 90 Day Game to Survive
- And a 90 Day Plan to Thrive
- Re-open with a party
- Launch yourself and business
- Work with Your Coach
11) Plan to invest
“A simple rule dictates my buying: Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful.” – Warren Buffett
- Stock markets are on Sale
- Companies will be Up For Sale
- Customers will be Up for Sale
- Economic Cycles
- Must Act NOW